September 10, 2007
New York Fugshion Week: Days 3, 4, and 5
The humidity tried to beat us down on Friday, clenched its gnarled fists again on Saturday, and whupped us but good on Sunday. Still, it doesn't ruin our moods -- Bryant Park looks pretty, if crowded; the clothes are cute; the cold Diet Cokes go down like magic tonic; and there was a glut of celebrities taking in whatever shows they could before flying west for the VMAs. We are trying not to feel deserted.
Here are the highlights:
- Ivana Trump really should've been talking to Padma Lakshmi about Top Chef. It's what we'd have done. Well, no, we'd probably have sat there in silence thinking, "God, I really should be talking to Padma about Top Chef, but all I can do is stare at my pedicure and wonder why it's not holding up very well." But Ivana Trump doesn't have our problems.
- Somebody please give Candace Bushnell some nap time. Maybe All My Children can give her a holiday, like they did for the beguiling Leven Rambin.
- It's nice to see Nicole Richie continuing to class up her baby bump, even though we can't always see it.
- Kate Bosworth shouldn't do her hair that way. Couldn't Anna Wintour have counseled her?
- Kyra Segwick is wee.
- Janet Jackson looks fine, everyone. Let's just calm down about her ass.
- Demi Moore COULD NOT keep her hands off Ashton Kutcher. Not that w blame her. In fact, it was sort of endearing.
- Vincent Gallo is still gross; Samuel L. Jackson is still motherfuggin' awesome. And when they're in the same photo, it just makes them each look more like they belong in those categories.
- Poor Gossip Girl kid. She really needed a handler to make sure she got to the Peter Som show before it started.
We do wish we'd been able to see Molly Sims' whole outfit from the Max Azria show in the moment, rather than so far after the fact. Behold:
It's a scrolldown from stylish to scullery maid. She can show up to the ball and clean out the bathroom stalls! So handy.