February 05, 2008
New York Fugshion Week: More Day 3, Some Day 4
Oh, Miss Tyra, you do amuse us so. We like to call this touching portrait A Girl And Her Twinkie:
Gotta respect a woman who not only puts greasy baked goods in her mouth, but thinks it's fun for it to happen on camera. And also, I know some people out there want us to stop yapping about Miss Tyra's wig or weave or whatever we feel like calling it that day -- it could be both, or neither; it is all things, and yet it is nothing -- and we do feel you. We do. But seriously, HOW do you expect us to do that? How? We are but mortal. We adore her crazy hair. It's impossible to resist discussing something that looks so heavy and itchy and as if it was recently shorn from the business end of a horse. So, with apologies to those non-congratulators, we not only can't not reference it, but in fact, it gets its own affectionate section in our book -- which, shameless plug ahoy, hits stores today. The City of New York is courteously throwing a parade to honor the occasion, although I think there is some nonsense about us sharing the party with Michael Strahan and Eli Manning. Pish. We call shenanigans on that.
Here's what we were up to while Tyra was romancing her snack cake:
- Ellen Pompeo seemed very pleasant in perilous circumstances at Y-3.
- Chloe Sevigny barely conceals her distaste for Miss Sixty; Milla Jovovich at times doesn't even try.
- Angie Harmon is a smart girl, getting a hair wrangler to make sure everything was in place before her photo op at Carolina Herrera.
- We wish Tim Gunn could've stopped the rock at Catherine Malandrino. That music was scary.
- What happens when a fashion show starts on time? Some celebrities miss it, that's what.
- Do you think Betsey Johnson gave attendee Joan Jett another dime to put in the jukebox, baby?
- Maybe Eliza Dushku can figure out what the hell the gift was at Ports 1961.